Thursday, May 21, 2009

Follow Up Profile Pictures

Georgie hit it right on. False advertising for pictures is the worst kind of dishonesty in the online dating world. I recently went to meet a guy for lunch and didn't recognize him as already being at the restaurant and sat down to wait for him. When he approached (I looked like my picture apparently) I completely had never seen him before and wondered if he had approached the wrong person. Please use the following for a rule of thumb no matter what your gender.


1. Make the picture current! Don't include pictures from your mission unless you have returned home in the last five years and still have your hair. Current means within the last six months.

2. Don't put pretty pictures of scenery with no people. That just makes us think you're too embarrassed to be in them.

3. We understand the kid thing but I'm not sure why people include pictures of their children without them in it. It's not like we're going to evaluate you by your children to see if your ex was cute and if you have the genetics for cute kids.

4. Don't do it....now matter what the pressure is....don't include the self portrait of your reflection taken in the bathroom. I'm not sure why men have an obsession with doing this but 1 out of 3 guys probably have this picture. Do women do this too? I haven't surfed to find out but maybe it works and I'm the one missing out. Maybe I'll take my camera to Nordstroms for the skinny mirror effect :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mormon Women

.....finding our way.

LDS Dating

......at it's finest.

Single LDS Women

.......way better than any cassarole!

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP