Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On LDS singles there is a 'interview' portion of the profile that asks what is your ideal first date. Personally I don't count the 'meet and greet' as a first date but according to some guys, they count it as a lead up to the big kiss (if they even make it that far.) However a date is truly an outing, and activity and yes as some people prefer......a sporting event. If paying close attention to anything other thing than my picture in my profile one would read ideal date.......Dinner and a movie......the classic of all first dates. Unless I'm a fan...a sporting event is about the last thing I'd want to go to when never have met a person before.

Recently while OUT OF STATE I got a call from a guy who had tickets to a Lakers game and wanted me to go with him. I was told by him and by several other people that I had to go and that there was no way I could turn the opportunity down. B-Ball-Boy as he will now be called told me that the girl he was planning on going with had a last minute change of plans and since he knew I was in California (yes he's from SLC and flew down just to meet this girl) he thought he'd give me a try. I was totally upfront with him and told him I wasn't a basketball fan and usually attend one a year just to get my fill. He didn't mind and off I went.

It was awkward. Granted a first date but ultimately the meet and greet from online dating. A hotel lobby rendezvous with small talk and excitement for him to get to the game. The seating was good and I did google on the way to see who was playing (I know I'm truly out of touch with the sports world, though I had know clue what city the Rockets were from until we got there).

Fun yes....but for a first date....absolutely not. We could have stayed and talked at his Hotel but by the time traffic cleared and I headed back to my parents it would be way to late for this early riser. No kiss, just a weird hug, and the promise he'd call me again. I'm okay if he doesn't......I would hate to be invited to another sporting event...I've had my fill of hot dogs and over crazed fans...and yes I'm referring to B-Ball-Boy.

1 comments:

tracey May 19, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

One of my worst dates EVER was a first date to a Utah Jazz game. I concur!

Post a Comment

Mormon Women

.....finding our way.

LDS Dating

......at it's finest.

Single LDS Women

.......way better than any cassarole!

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP