Monday, April 6, 2009

What am I doing here?

Single Adult Dance #1 (and only)

How do I get talked into these things? How is it that people can make things sound so fun and exciting and against my better judgment I give in? So I let myself be convinced that the singles dances are good and fun and we just go to have a great time. Well I plan to go with a group of fellow singles and we do dinner first and head over to the dance. Now keep in mind I have been opposed to these things because it feels like I am 14 again and going to the stake dances. Standing around and trying to avoid the yucky guys. Only now I am 41 and doing the same thing, and yes it was just like I thought. I walked in and saw the meager decorations the lame music and 4 people dancing. Oh did I mention they were over 60 and waltzing? I thought right then I was going to barf, I felt ill seriously...after all I did not belong here, I have been married for 20 years what was I doing? I went in for a min. and had to go sit outside to find the courage to return. I was told that if I just hung out for a while the younger crowd would arrive and I would feel better. Well they were right...about 10:00 the crowd my age started to arrive and my choices got better. Now I could choose from "Robot Boy" the guy in a black fedora and black and white patten leather shoes doing the robot dance; or the little person in a wheel chair (nice guy I am sure) or the man with one leg on crutches (kinda cute). Well I did not dance very much and don't plan to return until I take a few ballroom dance lessons or turn 60.

3 comments:

Unknown April 7, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

...and yet you want me to go to a dance in Utah. Whatever!!!!

Curious Georgie April 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

Okay well I think they may be better there! Like more to choose from? At least it would give you something to blog!

tracey April 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Wow. That's rough! Keep the faith :D

Post a Comment

Mormon Women

.....finding our way.

LDS Dating

......at it's finest.

Single LDS Women

.......way better than any cassarole!

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP