Thursday, August 6, 2009

"the big dipper"


I can't really call him the old man because it would truly give him no justice. He was refined, good looking, charming, and one smooth operator. As we sat and talked his piercing aqua blue eyes against his silver hair seemed to draw me in a little farther with each moment of passing silence. I'd inevitable look away but his eyes never left. I made all the typical observations as you would when meeting anyone for the first time. The hug upon meeting me and how he held me longer and closer around the waist than needed, his shoes that were definitely younger than his age, and his west point physique that he obviously took pride in all these years later. He was direct in his questions, his interest, and his goals of which I totally appreciate. He was a catch.

It was a good date and it actually surprised me. He was using the best of both worlds to his advantage. His wisdom and experience (his age) and his innate youthfulness to gain the appreciation of a younger woman. I found myself wondering why all men aren't this smooth and when talking about it with another guy (a man technically but he's not quite there) he told me that "the big dipper" had to be smooth if he wanted to woo the younger woman. He'd just perfected the art. Was that his only goal or would he have acted in such a manner for a woman his own age or even 10 years younger vs. 20. Class is class and it can't be taken away. Despite what my younger friend thought...."the big dipper" had sex appeal and you can't take that away from him.

At the end of the day, my date and I are at different stages in life. He's a new grandparent and loving every minute of it. I'm still wanting more kids and embracing being a step parent. Though his presence was tempting to say the least, I'm not ready to be called nana. A great experience and I'm sure I'll call him when I'm in town again but until then.........I guess I'm stuck with the unrefined and more appropriate men. At least for my age.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mormon Women

.....finding our way.

LDS Dating

......at it's finest.

Single LDS Women

.......way better than any cassarole!

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP