Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Text Messaging


So this last month I received my cell phone bill and noticed I had gone over my text message limit for the month and was billed an additional $14. I was shocked and didn't believe that I could go over my 1000 texts a month. For heaven sakes I'm not some teenage girl who uses more acronyms than words. As I started thinking about it I realized that yes my text messages have increased and that the dating game is to blame.

Texting is becoming a standard for communication and a short simple way to contact somebody just to say hi, hello, what 'cha doing, and would you like to go out with me. It's quick and simple and men are using it more and more for communication. I laughed at text message man when he first asked me out that way but now I realize that he's not alone in his endeavours. I've been asked out, dumped, stood up, flirted, rescheduled, thanked and kissed all through my cell phone. It's instant communication and for the most part you know people will get it. Even in meetings, even on dates, and even just across the room.

Although at first I was a little opposed to it because I think it's a more intimate form of communication, I've found that I have accepted it. I'll reply back as to not be rude and I'm sure that's the additional $14 that I'll be paying this month. I might have to change my plan to just to accommodate the day and age but truly want my life to be simple. What happened to the good old days when you had to stop by for a visit and talk face to face. I like not being able to be reached and sometimes, and depending on the person, that's a really good thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mormon Women

.....finding our way.

LDS Dating

......at it's finest.

Single LDS Women

.......way better than any cassarole!

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP