Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Great Date

We all hate the first date thing, you have to go over all the details...AGAIN. And you never know if you will see the guy again, or if you will want to. I try to get out there and at least meet the guys I have been talking with so I can either delete ( which is normally the case) their number from my phone or add the photo I.D. and hope for the best. Lately I have been so sick of the first date and so disappointed in the LDS men I have met that I was on a little break. I canceled all of my online accounts and decided to lay low for a while, UNTIL...the big D sent me a text. Ok so D and I have been texting and talking on the phone for about 3 months off and on. He is really fun and funny and we seem to talk easily and have a lot in common but since his divorce is not final (even though he has been separated for 2 years) I told him I needed to step back and he could contact me when it was done. So the text arrives and he is in Portland and wants to meet, what does a girl do...curiosity got the better of curious Georgie and I went to meet him. How could a date be better, it wasn't the activity it was the company! He was so cute (better then the pictures) He paid for everything, wouldn't even hear of me paying my own way, opened my doors and was 100% attentive. He even shopped at the kitchen store with me! I really enjoyed myself. Crap now I am left wondering about him and no the divorce is still not over! UGH.

2 comments:

Unknown June 9, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

I'm so jealous! I want more great first dates. I think those are few and far between. I'm so tired of feeling like I wasted my time after the meet and greet. Cheers to big D! I think my average is about 1 in 8 are great....hey, that rhymes. Maybe that's my mantra....1 in 8 are great, but still looking for a date.

tracey June 13, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

What's taking the divorce so long?? Maybe that's the problem with this guy? He does sound tempting though. Tread carefully. I think your idea of stepping back until it's final is a good idea.

Post a Comment

Mormon Women

.....finding our way.

LDS Dating

......at it's finest.

Single LDS Women

.......way better than any cassarole!

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP